Extreme Calderon Tour
4 days and 3 nights exploring inhospitable rainforest
ONLY PAY 10% TO BOOK
Remember, you can make any reservation by paying 10% of the total price.
4 days and 3 nights exploring inhospitable rainforest.
Meet Calderon river as the final destination of this great journey, where you will discover a brand-new world full of biodiversity, providing the most adventurous experience for those who are willing to discover the real Amazon jungle.
- Deep jungle treks exploring fauna and flora in their natural
- Learn ultimate survival skills from local formers who are now tourist guides.
- Fishing experience at Calderon River, where more than 150
different species live.
- Witness animals bathe in mud and gather around naturally formed salt licks.
EXTREME CALDERON is the wildest experience. Deep jungle treks discovering not only the most beautiful flora and fauna, but also all the stories and knowledge local guides have to share with visitors and the most amazing survival skills for jungle explorers. The trip offers a great opportunity to enjoy the flora, fauna and landscapes of the region, especially as you pass through Calderon river.
- 7AM Breakfast at Hipilandia Eco Hostel.
- 8AM Transfer by car to the end of the pavement highway.
- 9AM Start walking into the jungle. This first trek lasts 6 hours approx. Your local guide will teach you about the ecosystems of the unspoiled rainforest around you. Stop to have lunch.
- 3PM We set up the camp where we will overnight. Hammock, mosquito net and plastic cover.
- 5PM Trekking in the nearby rainforest to recognize the perimeter.
- 7PM Dinner. Story tellers about The Amazons.
- 7AM Breakfast
- 9AM Continue trekking. Your guide will give an in-depth explanation of the diverse species of plants used for medicinal purposes and ancestral benefits. It is a great opportunity to understand and learn about the Amazon ecosystems while observing the pristine
environment and different species of wildlife. Lunch
- 3PM Arrival to Calderón River
- 5PM Fishing in the river.
- 7PM Dinner.
- 8PM After dinner this evening, take a night walk into the rainforest to see nocturnal wildlife. During this walk, the native guide will explain more about animal behavior such
as tapir and red deer.
- 7AM Breakfast
- 9AM Continue trekking.
- 12M Lunch.
- 1PM Fishing in the river.
- 3PM Birds watching. White-lipped peccary, red howler monkeys, brown capuchin monkeys, toucan, guans, and many different birds.
- 7PM Dinner.
- 7AM Breakfast
- 9AM We start walking back to Leticia for 7 hours approx. We stop to have lunch and relax for a while at Tacana River. Birds watching can be done as well.
- 4PM Back in pavement highway.
- 5PM Back in Leticia.
- $2.200.000 COP per person for 1 visitor
- $1.400.000 COP per person for 2 visitors
- $1.200.000 COP per person for 3-6 visitors
Rates include Transport, breakfast, lunch, hydration, activities, local guide, English speaking guide, travel insurance.
*Promo rates are only available for bookings 30 days in advance.
Flights & Transport Only ground and boat transport
Group Size Small Group – 6 max
**For groups larger than 6 people we split and organize to respect loading capacity in visited places, letting visitors and locals enjoy every visit.
This project is based on 4 pillars that explicitly promise a radical change towards a real tourist sustainability.
1. Wild species are visited only in their natural environment, not exposing them to direct contact with humans to avoid the vulnerability and disrespect through the abuse of technology and ‘animal selfie’.
2. The local guides or ‘baquianos’ are mainly former hunters and former hunters who have decided to release their shotgun to tie a photographic camera and become image hunters in the jungle, promoting thus the respect to the natural environment visited by the tourists.
3. Visits to the indigenous settlements are carried out respecting a tolerable loading capacity and that does not alter the form of life of these small communities. Visitors learn how they live today in Amazonas by carrying out the same activities accompanied by local guides and avoiding cultural exploitation in the region.
4. Regional gastronomy is the main source of economic income for peasants and indigenous people in the Amazon. To achieve touristic sustainability, it is necessary to promote regional products only in the menu offered to tourists who come to visit a place full of biodiversity, where we can find hundreds of species and fruits that allow to provide an authentic experience in this aspect, reducing the environmental impact of each visit and opening new gastronomic fusion markets for responsible eco visitors in search of vegan, vegetarian and regional options.
- Transportation to Calderon river can vary by boat or hiking depending on the season (High / Low Water).
- Menu for meals may vary depending on season and visitors’ restrictions. Can be arranged under visitors request.
PAY $220.000 COP