ONLY PAY 10% TO BOOK
Remember, you can make any reservation by paying 10% of the total price.
Enjoy a wonderful day immersed in the most natural environment near Leticia with local guides experts on ecotourism activities and who will provide an authentic experience learning from the most representative flora and fauna in the Amazon region.
- Visit a unique ecosystem near Leticia where fortunately many wild species find space to live in the nearby jungle of this small town.
- Birdlife and fish are used as interpretative elements by local specialized guides to make discover in 2 days the magical Amazon jungle.
- Enjoy a night trek to find some nocturnal life in the Amazon rainforest.
Spend a full day visiting Tacana River and surroundings, biodiversity all around to be discovered by ecofriendly visitors. Birding and fishing can be practiced during this trip and enjoy a natural environment in the Amazon region.
- 7AM Breakfast at Hipilandia Eco Hostel.
- 8AM Transfer by car to Multiethnic Tacana.
- 9AM Start walking into the jungle. Your local guide will teach you about the ecosystems of the unspoiled rainforest around you. Stop to have a typical lunch in the jungle like Patarasca (regional fish wrapped and cooked on plantain leaves) with Casabe.
- 1PM Fishing and Birding. Your guide will give an in-depth explanation of the diverse species of fish that can be found in this marvelous river, as well as birdlife. It is a great opportunity to understand and learn about the Amazon ecosystems while observing different species of wildlife.
- 3PM Start walking back to Leticia.
- 4PM Back in pavement highway.
- 5PM Back in Leticia.
This project is based on 4 pillars that explicitly promise a radical change towards a real tourist sustainability.
1. Wild species are visited only in their natural environment, not exposing them to direct contact with humans to avoid the vulnerability and disrespect through the abuse of technology and ‘animal selfie’.
2. The local guides or ‘baquianos’ are mainly former hunters and former hunters who have decided to release their shotgun to tie a photographic camera and become image hunters in the jungle, promoting thus the respect to the natural environment visited by the tourists.
3. Visits to the indigenous settlements are carried out respecting a tolerable loading capacity and that does not alter the form of life of these small communities. Visitors learn how they live today in Amazonas by carrying out the same activities accompanied by local guides and avoiding cultural exploitation in the region.
4. Regional gastronomy is the main source of economic income for peasants and indigenous people in the Amazon. To achieve touristic sustainability, it is necessary to promote regional products only in the menu offered to tourists who come to visit a place full of biodiversity, where we can find hundreds of species and fruits that allow to provide an authentic experience in this aspect, reducing the environmental impact of each visit and opening new gastronomic fusion markets for responsible eco visitors in search of vegan, vegetarian and regional options.
Rates include Transport, breakfast, lunch, hydration, activities, local guide, English speaking guide, travel insurance.
*Promo rates are only available for bookings 30 days in advance.
Flights & Transport Only ground and boat transport
Group Size Small Group – 6 max
**For groups larger than 6 people we split and organize to respect loading capacity in visited places, letting visitors and locals enjoy every visit.
Birds watching can be done at any time of the year, however it’s more frequent from May to December.
PAY $30.000 COP