5 days, 5 nights
Prices include accommodation in the “Casa vieja” the day before and the day after the excursion.
Nevados National Park is located in the departments of Tolima, Quindío and Risaralda.
The journey begins in Palomar Anzopategui, Tolima. It is located 4 hours from Ibagué (Tolima). It is considered one of the representative icons of the muleteer and peasant culture of Colombia.
Here we will find Colonial architecture and a lot of biodiversity.
We are totally sure that you will descend and return to the city with another perspective of life and nature after experiencing all this magic.
DAY 1: VALLE DE COCORA QUINDIO / FINCO LA PRIMAVERA
- 6 a.m. We pick you up at Casa Vieja.
- We will travel by private jeep from Ibagué to Palomar Anzoátegui north entrance to Los Nevados PNNN Park.
- We will arrive at the San Sebastian farm to have breakfast and to start our walk.
- The walk begins at a height of 3125 M.S.N.M. We will cross humid and tropical forests, high Aldino forests and cloud forests.
- We will arrive at the Termales del Cañon, located in Valle del Placer.
FUN FACT: You will see the “Laguna Bombona”, it is the third largest lagoon in the park. We will pass by the waterfall El Salto which is the first largest in the park
APPROXIMATE DISTANCE. 18 km APPROX
APPROXIMATE TIME 8 HOURS APPROX
3890 M.S.N.M APPROX
DAY 2: FINCA PRIMAVERA / CAMPO BASE AVANAZADO
- We will enjoy hot springs and prepare the technical team.
- We will teach you a basic technical training on the progression of the glacier and the appropriate rules to transit it.
APPROXIMATE DISTANCE. 6 km APPROX
APPROXIMATE TIME 5 HOURS APPROX
Day 3: THERMAL SPRINGS – ARENAL BASE CAMP.
- We will leave from the hot springs towards the Arenales high camp from which we will climb the summit of the snow-capped Tolima.
- Visit base camp.
APPROXIMATE DISTANCE 6 KM
APPROXIMATE TIME 4 HRS
45550 MSNM APPROX
Day 4 ARENALES- SNOWY SUMMIT OF TOLIMA- PRIMAVERA FARM.
- We will reach 5222 meters above sea level. We will get in touch with the snow and we will be able to see the entire Los Nevados National Natural Park.
- 1AM We will go to the summit to see the sunrise.
- 6am we are at the top.
- 10am We return back to the camp.
- We descend to the farm in spring to finish the longest and most difficult day.
APPROXIMATE DISTANCE 14 KM
APPROXIMATE TIME 12 HORAS
3200 M.S.N.M APPROXIMATE
Day 5: PRIMAVERA FARM- COCORA VALLEY- SALENTO
- Medical assistance insurance.
- Personal biosafety kit.
- Complete feeding the 4 days of expedition.
- Transportation of heavy luggage on mules.
- Camping service- includes tent 3 high mountain stations
- Mountain guide for every 3 people, maneuvers and accompaniment on the glacier crossing and throughout the expedition. Certified Guides WFR (rescuers in remote areas by the CEMMMA study center in high mountain medicine), ACGME (Colombian association of mountain and climbing guides)
- Complete glacier technical equipment (helmet, harness, crampons, pole and rope)
- Logistics for the entire trip, pack mules for the bag and equipment.
- Photographs, videos and a physical reminder.
- Information and advice before, during and after the trip.
- Transportation Ibagué, Palomar, Ibagué.
Includes payment for camping on the farms.