It is a paradisiacal place located in the Guajira Peninsula, the northernmost point of South America. Its wonderful landscapes, culture and natural scenery make this place one of the most spectacular attractions in the world. It is ideal if you want a complete immersion in an indigenous culture, here the Wayuu live their culture, away from society in the middle of a wonderful desert that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and shows the greatness of this world.
Accommodation in hostel Hipilandia Beach Taganga the day before and after the tour / Transportation / Local driver / Food / Assistance insurance/ Lodging in a Wayuu hammock / Hydration / Boat ride.
ITINERARY 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS
- Hostel Hipilandia Beach in Taganga. Departure from 4.00 to 4:30 am from your hotel in tourist vehicle for 3 hours passing through Palomino and Riohacha.
- Typical breakfast in Palomino or Riohacha.
- Tour during 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately from Riohacha to Uribía, panoramic visit of Uribía.
- Transfer for 20 minutes to Manaure where you will learn about the salt harvesting process and a technical talk about the place.
- Transfer by car through the desert of Auyama, San Martin or Puerto Bolivar depending on weather conditions to Cabo de la Vela.
- Lunch at a Wayuu lodge. Visit to Pilón de Azúcar, to enjoy the sea and take a short walk of 20 minutes (optional).
- Visit to the lighthouse to see a wonderful sunset. Dinner at the Wayuu lodge.
- Overnight in hammocks.
- Cabo De La Vela -Dunas De Taroa – Punta Gallinas.
- Departure around 7:00am to 8:00am from the Wayuu lodge.
- Transfer for three hours in a 4×4 vehicle to the Taroa Dunes, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim or take pictures of the place.
- Drive 40 minutes to Punta Gallinas.
- Lunch, free time.
- Excursion to Bahia Honda, Bahia Hondita, Punta Aguja and Punta Gallinas Lighthouse.
- Typical dinner and sleep in comfortable “chinchorros” in a Wayuu lodge.
- Punta Gallinas – Puerto Bolivar – Uribía – Riohacha – Santa Marta.
- Departure by 4×4 car between 7:00 am and 8:00 am for 3 hours to Uribía where lunch will be served.
- Return to the Malecon of Riohacha, free time to buy handicrafts.
- Departure from Riohacha at 3:00 pm approximately.
- Return to the hotel in Santa Marta from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
Items to bring
Comfortable shoes / Two shorts Sandals / Insect repellent Sunscreen / Pants A sweater / Flashlight / Three T-shirts / Bathing suit / Toiletries / A towel /A small backpack / Toilet paper / 1.5 Lts of water / If you take medicine do not forget to bring it / Identity card.